Yes, men do have similar PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome) symptoms as ladies and it’s not a surprising fact too. The fluctuation of hormone levels can occur as many as 3-4 times a day for the rest of their lives. Some may call it mid-life crisis or even life pressures and these irregular mood swings are caused by depression and anxiety. It is DYSTHYMIA. Most men takes Dysthymia less seriously and most of the time this mild depression would be ignored totally, thus leaving them in a chronic and emotional state for many years. You might lead an unhappy life, work or education stress, financial burden and love relationships but if dysthymia is not treated earlier with the necessary measurement, it would eventually lead to severe depression. Some known dysthymia related outcome would be a high rate of suicide, work impairment and social isolation.
A lot of the guys out there are totally unaware that they had slowly slipped into depression as early as in their teens as most of them had adjusted to their worsening moods and were immune to it. For you guys out there, let’s get a piece of blank paper and answer some questionnaires on your life for the past 2 years as stated below. It’s either a “yes” or a “no”. There’s no “maybe” ok?
1. Do you have poor appetite or overeating problem most of the time?
2. Do you have inconsistent weight loss or gain without any diet plans?
3. Do you tend to feel lethargic or tired during at odd times?
4. Do you have prolonged insomnia or oversleeping problems?
5. Do you feel lost, sad or “blank” most of the time?
6. Do you tend to finish a task longer than it takes as your mind runs wild all the time?
7. Do you take a longer period to give an answer to a straightforward decision making?
8. Do you always feel that you are hopeless, guilty or lost interest in every task?
9. Do you always get irritated and temperamental easily over small matters?
10. Do you have persistent headaches, indigestive systems or chronic bodily pain that refused to response to any medication?
11. Do you feel unhappy, sad and negative as if the world owes you a lot most of the time?
12. Do you think you have been rather anti-social?
13. Have you ever thought of suicide or contemplating suicide?
14. Does your family tree have a history of with depression, alcoholism or nervous breakdowns?
So, how is your result? If you have more than 6 “yes” to the questionnaires, I think you would need to think seriously about getting your life straight again by seeking medical advice or natural treatment for depression. Everyone deserved to lead a happier life at all times.I'm thirsty for a drink now. Would you be kind enough to treat me?